Human development is about promoting people’s participation in society and removing obstacles to the full realisation of people’s rights. Any strategy to achieve this goal must be based on empowerment and social organisation and access to information is crucial in that context.
Irish NGOs interested in Information and Communications technology (ICT) are not just focused on technological innovation, but also on how these technologies can be used to assist marginalised and disadvantaged communities.
Useful links and resources
- Information and Communications Technologies & Development Organisations: How ICTs are changing practice in international development
- Is there an App for "human development"? (Dóchas Blogpost)
- 17 May: International Comms Day - Gender, Mobile Phones and Development (Dóchas Blogpost)
- Wireless Technology for Social Change: Trends in Mobile Use by NGOs
- Communications for Change: How to use text messaging as an effective behaviour change campaigining tool